Julie's Dress Diaries

Herein lie my attempts at both blogging and creating period clothing for various locations and times of the Renaissance. Enjoy

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Pardon My Dust

I has occurred to me that I have NO idea how to organize my dress diaries. I had originally intended the Venetian to be a stand alone sort of project. Only now, I've found that costuming is more addictive than expected. My list of costuming to-do's has grown exponentially--I've got

1) a flemish peasant in the works,
2) new duds for my hubby on hold,
3) a spanish gown appetite,
4) a surcoat fantasy (thank you janet arnold),
5) a dreamed-of reproduction of a portrait that I just drool over at every opportunity,
6) a german cranach lust,
7) an elizabethan urge, and
8) a tudor curiosity.

Oy! I fear we've created a monster.

That said, I think I need to create a more reader-and-user-friendly method of blogging. I'm too chicken to move from blogger--I'm completely html illiterate (okay, except for making tables, which hubby had to teach me no fewer and perhaps more than 6 times before i remembered correctly), and don't like change. But I also don't like the idea of my green and orange gowns getting lost in the far away historical archives of my fated-to-last-forever blog.

So, blogger it is. The plan is to have "oodles" of seperate diaries, and use this page as my mission control, so to speak, since people already know this address. From now on, this page will link to my other diaries--completed and/or in progress, and will most likely say when something has last been updated. This way people have a way of finding me, and finding their way to my current and past projects without having to learn a bunch of new website addresses or wade through the archives of this ever-growing page. Hope this works...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home