Julie's Dress Diaries

Herein lie my attempts at both blogging and creating period clothing for various locations and times of the Renaissance. Enjoy

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Oops

Okay, I said I'd write on this main page whenever I've updated my others. Sorry, but I didn't keep to my promise, did I? Anyway, I've since updated the flemish gown with some adventures in linen stockings, and posted some new pics of my orange venetian, which you've no-doubt already seen if you keep up with Jen Thompson's site.

I promise (again) to update this page along with my others, so those of you with a blogline subscription don't have to sign up for all my frivolous pages. ;) I really am starting this new tradition. Right now. I swear.

Oh, and since I don't know where to put this:
I got the MOTHERLODE of fabric swatches (110 of em) last night from my kindly neighborhood FedEx man. He braved the raging thunderstorm to hand me a soaking wet envelope full of (thankfully wrapped in plastic and dry) fabric swatches from Silk Connection.

There are some absolutely wonderful fabric in the set (also some ones that could NEVER be used in period clothing hehe). They really only sell white (and a few black), so the fabrics are for those who don't mind white clothes or dyeing fabric. I'm up for dyeing, though dyeing silk seems a bit scary. I think/hope I can handle it. Already I'm eyeing some of the swatches for projects that are so far into my future its ridiculous to think about. Ain't that always the way. I love planning. I can do that fast. Its the execution that takes a while. ;-)

I sprung $14 for the whole set, cuz well, its only $14, and really i may find this incredibly useful now and in the future. I could return it for a full refund after picking what I want (which was the original intention). But what if i want other fabrics later? Nah, best to just keep them all and ogle my little squares of silky goodness.

Anyway, I hate going to the post office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home