Julie's Dress Diaries

Herein lie my attempts at both blogging and creating period clothing for various locations and times of the Renaissance. Enjoy

Sunday, March 19, 2006

A shade of doubt....

So, the costuming bug has hit me again after a long hiatus. Only, instead of diligently sewing the sleeves on hubby's flemish gear (a terrifying prospect of armscythe frustration), i've been fabric hunting and portrait viewing. I already know what my next dress will be....but shhhh, its a secret (for now). But what about the project after that? A girl must think ahead, afterall.....Then, in a massive explosion, my fabric hunting and portrait viewing collide!!!

Now, I've known I've wanted a spanish for a long time. And I was fairly certain that I wanted a spanish of the dark-somber color variety since they are so overwhelmingly prominent. But then I saw this portrait....


claraeugenia Posted by Picasa

And remembered seeing this fabric:

fabric Posted by Picasa

So, the fabric is a little wrong--its got the background leaf pattern on it, but wow, its *SO* close.... Too bad I realized this AFTER I ordered my swatches!!!! I have not idea if the patterns are similar sizes. But I MUST find out. A white dress at faire....ooh, that sounds scary, indeed. But isn't it gorgeous? Maybe I need TWO---one dark and somber, one gold. ;) Pretty soon I'll have more costumes than real clothes.

The problem is, I really want a black dress. Particularly this one, which i'm in lust with for the slashing:

infanta Posted by Picasa

Oh dear, what to do?

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

What to do? Make both. Obviously. Silly girl.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Julebug said...

Yup, more costumes than real clothes, I tell you. I need more closets. A lot more.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home