Julie's Dress Diaries

Herein lie my attempts at both blogging and creating period clothing for various locations and times of the Renaissance. Enjoy

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Is There a Secret?

So, in my recent explorations into dyeing my linen, all my results have been splotchy. Not horribly so, and for my peasant gear, I'm really not all that worried about it. But I had been thinking about coloring more expensive fabrics for a few higher-class projects in the future, and the uneven dye just won't do. I've been using the fiber reactives from Dharma Trading, and I have prewashed in their recommended detergent to dissolve away oils and the like. And used calsolene oil to break surface tension in my dye pot. Still streaky. Any suggestions?

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

bigger pot maybe? better agitation?

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home