Julie's Dress Diaries

Herein lie my attempts at both blogging and creating period clothing for various locations and times of the Renaissance. Enjoy

Friday, July 14, 2006

Masking Non-Productivity

No, I haven't been sewing. But I have been giving some TLC to my sewing room so that I can prepare to sew.... I took this past weekend to go through and organize all my fabrics/patterns/notions/accessories/costuming bits. I found many a "missing" seamripper/measuring tape/fabric pen.
I even cheered the room with some wall hangings--it was pretty sterile before. Here are the results of my ministrations:





Yes, its still cluttered/messy/sterile, but less than before. ;) Also, with the wood tables done corner to corner, I have a nice ledge in the room (so i can junk it up, of course!). Even more important, though, is the increased floorspace for fabric layouts, which is critical!

The tour de force is my fabric stash. I refolded all the messy bits, and played at organizing it. Its nicely divided into silk, wool, linen, velvet, "stiff linings", mockup fabrics and "other/embarrasing". :)


Extra closet space (and there's more than shown!):

I'm sure I can fill this with costumes, right?!

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Can I rent closet space? 'Cause I'm getting perilously short!

Very nice room, quite inspiring no doubt!

8:30 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Very nice :) I like the masks. Is that an ott light I see?
I should take pics of my sewing room/guest room some time :)

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home