Julie's Dress Diaries

Herein lie my attempts at both blogging and creating period clothing for various locations and times of the Renaissance. Enjoy

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Presents for Me

I've been acquiring new bits of costuming stuff. First, a pair of awesome shoes I found at SRI shoe warehouse. They are just like the standard babydoll/china flats in style, but they are brown leather, and cutely gathered around the edge, a detail I think makes them look more period. And I can wear them in "normal" life. Bonus.



Also, I was nosing about on Ebay and found this mirror:




Its tiny--about the same size as a compact. And the holes on the filigree in the handle mean I can attach it to future girtles as a large bottom accent. Seems like a handy thing to have. Now, the design is of questionable periodness....but the people are clothed generically peasanty, and its not discernible of what period, so that seems a positive. I was just happy that it was so cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home