Julie's Dress Diaries

Herein lie my attempts at both blogging and creating period clothing for various locations and times of the Renaissance. Enjoy

Monday, September 04, 2006

I've Been a Naughty Poppet...

..And started a new dress diary: Jacobean Jacket.

I also went fabric store shopping this weekend to pick up a few goodies.

First, I went back for a remnant that I was kicking myself for leaving at the store the first time (Beth was kicking, too!):

There are about 2.5 yards of it, and I think I can definitely get a forepart/foresleeve combo for a tudor that's coming down the bend. On an interesting note, I'm going senile, cuz my mind remembered this as being a blackish green and gold,and its actually brownish green and gold. Yup, I'm crazy. I really can't decide which side I like better, but no rush.

I also picked up this purple and gold brocade (fiber unknown), though I'm not sure what for (its only a teensy bit more than a yard):

purple gold brocade

Beth--you had asked me to keep an eye out for tudor gown fabrics. I didn't see anything that caught my eye with the gold/textural interest criteria that you mentioned. However, this made me think of your dress/colorscheme, so if you're interested in it (or in the purple one, for that matter), its yours:


Its more detailed than I think you wanted, but because the print is small, it comes off more as a textural thing than a crazy design. Anywho, its a bricky-mauve and the background is a very dingy antique gold brown--much less shiny than the flash would have you believe. There are 1 1/8 yards, fiber unknown (a bit on the small side for your needs, but a remnant is a remnant). Colorwise, it looks quite pretty next to the velvet in question, but I'm not sure what'd look like next to your other fabric. But no pressure either way--lemme know if you're interested and I can mail it to you so you can see in person. And if not, it'll find life somewhere along the line.

Lastly, I picked up a 13x26 fabric sample of an embossed velvet. I'm thinking the shape/size will lend itself very well to a muff, and heck, it was only 75 cents:

redvelvet

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Neat! I love the brocades, and I particularly love the embossed velvet. I'm quite intrigued by the small print fabric actually. It's sort of hard to imagine it next to the forepart fabric, but I'd be very interested to put it there to see. Could be quite nifty, and really, if one print is good, isn't two better? Heh.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home