Julie's Dress Diaries

Herein lie my attempts at both blogging and creating period clothing for various locations and times of the Renaissance. Enjoy

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Gah, More Peas?!

Okay, I'm officially sick of posting about peas on this blog. But this pic is for Niter, since I know you wanna see the peas finished. They are officially embroidered and filled. I still need to cut the lining for the caul and the band to gather it into. I think I will have to embroider the band a bit to keep it from looking stark white against the rest of it. Any motif ideas? I might just do plain old swirlies. :)
Incidentally--Beth--these are the wools we ordered--I put the swatch of yours in for a color comparison, but I'll be mailing you things soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Ooh! Love the peas. That looks great. For the band, I agree with you that probably swirlies are the way to go. I think something geometric would be odd. Depending on the width of the band, you could maybe put the occasional peapod?

So is the pale blue under my swatch the one you ordered? And the one to the left is mine? they're all very pretty colors.

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peas for me!!! Well pea pictures for me. I adore them!

I vote for swirlies on the but nothing too complex to take away from the peapods.

:)

6:11 PM  
Blogger Julebug said...

No worries, on a band that's only .5-.75 inches, you couldn't get complex if you wanted to. Not even a peapod, alas. ;) I'm not up to embroidering them quite that tiny.

I shall be so happy when this is wearable, so I can move onto other, now more exciting, things.

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home