Julie's Dress Diaries

Herein lie my attempts at both blogging and creating period clothing for various locations and times of the Renaissance. Enjoy

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Blind Eyelets

I'm home recovering from yet another eye surgery, so what better to drive me nuts than to sew 40 eyelets into a corset when I can't really see them? Hubby was very kind to thread the needles for me, since I can't see that. Luckily, I've done enough eyelets by now that I can do them without really needed to see the fine detail. ;)

So, without further ado, the effigy corset:


Its got lacing in the back, too, with a gap to allow for weightloss, which I hope to have. Hehe.
I've been eye-ing Beth's effigy for a good while now, and now I definitley know what all the fuss was about. This is comfy and so very cute, if i do say so myself!

4 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

That looks *so* good. Is it not amazing how comfortable the effigies are? I'm never going back I think. Go you!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Julebug said...

Thanks! I admit, i'm sorta in love with my new undies. Yay undies!

5:04 PM  
Blogger Abigael said...

Wa'al, ah'd say you did fine for sewing blind!! Looks awesome, makes me wish for one... 'course, Beth's did too, and I still haven't made one.

Procrastinator, that's me, lol.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Julebug said...

Oh, I know all about procrastinating, that's for certain. ;) We had a faire in NC this past weekend and I was sewing on my dress the entire ride down there and in my hotel room, too. Eek.

You'll get around to one eventually. They're fun! And thank you for the compliment. Now that I've got the bifocals, I can see some lumpy eyelet threads, but its not bad considering the circumstances. Hehe.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home