Julie's Dress Diaries

Herein lie my attempts at both blogging and creating period clothing for various locations and times of the Renaissance. Enjoy

Friday, March 23, 2007

Whelp Book

As Beth mentioned in her last post, she and I will be joining Her Majesty's Hounds and playing in the Virginia Renaissance Faire for its 2007 season. This was the same group that we volunteered with last fall, and it clearly made a good impression. I'm very excited to be joining them and their cause full time. Since Beth has already covered this, you've probably guessed what's coming...the decoration of my charge book for the group:

Its a pretty simplistic little book, covered in lambskin and bound with embroidery floss. I'd like to decorate the leather, but couldn't get hold of my dad's leatherworking kit before this particular assignment was due (procrastinate, me?). I might try to posh it up in the future, but i'm so in love with the texture of this lambskin that maybe I won't... I do still have to braid and bead the second bookmark string, but I figured that'd be good car-work for later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Hmmm. Now I want YOUR chargebook. That looks really nice. I am particularly impressed with how your bookmark is long enough. *Someone* may have not used quite enough thread on hers. Ahem. If you know what I mean.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Julebug said...

You will, perhaps, like to see the SECOND bookmark (which I actually did finish last night), which is not as long as the first...Ahem.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home