Julie's Dress Diaries

Herein lie my attempts at both blogging and creating period clothing for various locations and times of the Renaissance. Enjoy

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Avoiding Smocks

Oh, how I hate sewing smocks. That is what I SHOULD be doing, but just couldn't stomach the idea. I was gonna distract myself by making a hat, but I couldn't find my wire, so I finished up a project that I'd started in NC--a little caul made out of leftover jacobean jacket fabric (lined in wool--perfect for summer-wear, right?).

I was also having an ugly day, so I found a more attractive model (thank you beth, for the inspiration):

3 Comments:

Blogger Abigael said...

I like it... it's just a circle gathered into a band, right? I love the print too!

And the model, it looks simply gorgeous on the dog...

10:11 AM  
Blogger Julebug said...

Gurgi will be so happy for the compliment. :)

And yup, just a circle on a band. Easy as pie, but at least made me feel productive for a day! Hehe.

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the puppy, and I am so opposite of you! I love making smocks, camisas, and chemises and shirtes. I don't know why! I think I have underwear issues! LOL I am making some in a very thin linen I just purchased. Do you make sleeping for camping gowns at all? I find I am always cold so I made one from an old cotehardie pattern in flannel.

Cilean

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home